You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, June 26, 2016

Zombicide Black Plague: Chronicles of Hate


These are the Zombicide: Black Plague survivors from the Adrian Smith Guest Artist Box. They are characters from his Chronicles of Hate graphic novel (which I'm not familiar with yet, but hope to pick up soon, especially with volume 2 on the verge of release.)

They are probably the most difficult to paint of all the survivors; there was a LOT of details everywhere on each figure. I started the painting by giving the whole group a drybrushing of dark brown. That first layer provided me with two things: It helped bring out the detail, picking out smaller details otherwise hidden in the fur capes or among multitudes of leather straps, and it also provided a first layer of color to build on -- drybrushing with brown essentially finished all the leather straps! (And there were a lot of'em.)

Drybrushing was followed with painting the flesh (I used the Foundry Flesh 5 triad -- my favorite.) And then I did all the metal bits -- armor and medallions. Loin cloths, weapons, accessories, skulls and clean-up followed. It feels good to get this group finished, being both difficult to paint and my favorite looking Zombicide survivors of any (Black Plague or Modern.) I can't wait to get them on the board, though, I'll need to paint a couple companions to round out a 6-person crew. I think Klom the ogre and Dr. Stormcrow will fit this group well enough.

I'm not sure what to paint next (if not Kloma nd Stormcrow). I've got a lot of stuff going all at once on the table, and I'm happy that I'm able to get a little of each done every day, now. I have the Monty Python Holy Grail figures primed (but I'll need to get some photo reference,.) I also have plenty of my Warhammer Empire troops primed and based and ready to paint. Then there are the "ladies in sensible shoes" adventurers which paint up fast. That's just the stuff that's ready to paint -- there's a helluva lot to prime!

5 comments:

  1. You did the figures great justice. Is the Adrian Smith box already available at retail? It is one of the most interesting in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it in retail yet, but you might be able to get a copy on eBay, though you should beware: Some sales are "pre"sales, and others are simply overpriced (don't pay more than $20 for the Adrian Smith box.)

      And it's certainly my favorite of all of the guest boxes. They look like a group of barbarians who heard the turmoil on the horizon and came to see if there was some fun to be had.

      Delete
  2. Terrific work Carmen. I'll have to keep an eye out for this box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work Carmen. I'll have to keep an eye out for this box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning paint jobs! You've certainly produced some outstanding pieces.

    ReplyDelete