You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, October 12, 2015

Space Cadets Captain


When I pledged for the Space Cadets kickstarter, I added a second set of the plastic figures, so I could have extras and also play with painting. Here is the first of those.
For my second set of Rocketeers, I'm going for a more advanced-looking special operations look. To help identify the character, I'll be painting their color across the top of their shoulders and on the elbow connector rings. (And yes, the click-on base also helps :)

I kept the leather (belt and holster) brown to keep him grounded in his retro setting.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the remainder aliens -- maybe I'll paint them in monochrome as was my original plan? Maybe I'll do them full color but in a different scheme? I have plenty of time to figure that out since I already have enough to play the game. All in good time.

It's been a while, but this is the first figure in months that I've actually enjoyed painting. The past few months, I've gone through the motions to get stuff done, worked out solutions to minor painting problems, and have finished quite a few figures. I didn't hate doing all that painting -- it helped pass the time -- but this was the first figure in a very long while that I truly enjoyed painting. This was also the first in a while that I actually sat down with purpose, used a good brush and took my time (OK, it took me all of an hour to do him, but he was already primed in black, so most of the work was done.)

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! The yellow base is really complementing the miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this scheme. I might borrow the idea for my captain once his time comes to be painted (but there are few armies of 6mm GW Epic stuff before him :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work. :)

    Even more so when you say it took only an hour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That neck.

    Nice work especially for a speed paint. The skin tones on the face look quite good.

    ReplyDelete