You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, March 26, 2015

Samurai vignettes: The cemetary


This one turned out almost exactly as I pictured it in my head. The only difference was that I originally wanted the base to have lots of tall grasses -- almost as tall as the grave stones. But I couldn't get the grassy material I have to look natural; I'll have to hunt around for super large grass tufts instead.

Still, this piece turned out nice. The graves were made from Sculpey and the footpath from green stuff. Then I spent an hour throwing on various grass, tufts and flowers over everything.

The next base will have my waterwell on it. This one might be a touch more urban, having a (ever so slightly) raised wooden walkway next to the well (to add a third level to the piece.) I still need to sketch out a plan for that one before I make any final decision. 

I'll still have another base leftover after I do the waterwell; not sure what to put on it yet.

6 comments:

  1. I took great pleasure in watching this amazing job...thanks for that...just perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! I think this one is my favorite so far. For tall grasses I've had good luck using deer hair. You can find it places where you can get fly-tying supplies and often in various dyed colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb work on the cemetery (and the previous one too).

    Like the idea of having focal points of the game board like that.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete