You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, December 4, 2014

Rogue Planet: Rocket launcher


Here's another Rogue Planet figure. She's carrying the Rocket Explosive Deliverer (also known as RED.) I kept the figure basic because I had to put in a little extra work on the rocket launcher itself, even though RED is just a collection of sections of cured green stuff, cut and fitted together. The handle and shoulder rest was made by first hammering a length of brass rod fairly flat, then bending it to fit. It took me a couple pieces of brass rod to get this part right.

The colors were a little bright, so I did a drybrush dusting of the entire figure to weather her down a little. I think she will still fit in nicely when she is seen with the rest of the post-apoc collection. (And when I finish these Rogue Planet figures, I'll take a group shot of the post-apoc collection.)

I still have four more Rogue Planet figures to go. I've been painting other stuff, so the energy is there, I just need to focus.

4 comments: