You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, January 12, 2014

ONE more group photo: 40mm Old West


These figures were my very first large-scale (larger than 28-32mm) figures. I bought them back in 2007 to play Gutshot by Hawgleg Games (I haven't played in a long while, but the game was certainly fun and simple considering all the possibilities it offered. Recommended.)

All of these figures were by HLBS, which has since sold the molds to miniaturefigurines.co.uk. When I opened the case containing these figures I also discovered four unpainted figures by Knuckleduster; I should probably get those painted! Knuckleduster makes a great range of 40mm old west figures, including mounted versions of most of the foot figures, and wounded and civilians. I recommend both the HLBS/Minifig and Knuckleduster 40mm old west figures.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. They look fantastic first time I've seen these I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually from one of the first big projects I did when I started this blog. You can see more about them in posts from Oct. to Dec. 2007.

      Delete
  2. Those really are amazing. I just went over to check them out on the miniaturefigurines site and if it weren't for your painted versions I wouldn't have even considered buying any of those. I think you need to let them use your minis to use on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I gave them permission to use at least my older group photo, but they only used it in their news section (it's still there, just scroll down some). The older pic is actually more fun than my newer one: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OegChr5Zg_s/R2F-pMiNYbI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/O8Ju6K3Cmlw/s1600/Citizens+of+Hades+County.jpg

      Delete
  3. A great looking collection - you should be very proud of this group.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete