You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP: 42mm Sohei archer

Not much to show yet except this sweet sculpt from Steve Barber!
I think this is one of Steve's better sculpts in his samurai range, but I'm probably biased since I commissioned him to do this specific pose (It was a good price- I recommend Steve's services if you're looking for a figure that you can't find elsewhere).

I still need to hammer out a tiny little point and add some vanes to the arrow. I also need to string up the bow.

The bow is not in full flex by design- the archer will give it a full pull when he brings the bow and arrow level with his chest. I wanted this high draw since it was distinctly Japanese.

And yes, I've replaced the bow with my own brass version- but Steve's bow is just fine.

Even though I don't have a Sohei faction among my figures, I'll probably do him up in Sohei colors (saffron and white) to make him pop a little more.

With a lot of long, graceful lines, I look forward to putting this figure under the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment