You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pirate gun crew


Here's a ship's gun with a couple crew. I replaced the ramrod with some brass rod (and drilled out and reused the sponge from the old ramrod.) I also drilled out the gun barrel a little bit to give it a better look.

This is the last of this first group of 13 pirates (and 1 gun.) I chose that number because this smaller group (and the gun) will fit in a small Chessex case. I'll continue with some more pirates, to fill a second small case. If I do more after that, I'll try to fill out a regular Chessex case. That, and it'll be easier to sell a whole hell of a lot of pirates rather than my little landing parties.

I still need to base these before I "officially" offer these for sale; I've also already had a couple enquiries, and they'll get first pick. And if these don't sell right away, the little crew will just get bigger :)

Before painting more pirates, I'm going to try to paint a Bones fig or two, at least until they piss me off, then it's back to the more fun stuff. Maybe I'll alternate.


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking bunch of cut throats :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like from a real pirate film - I am so impressed by your work, great!
    _Peter

    ReplyDelete