You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, June 17, 2013

42mm Samurai: Market goods


Here is some more terrain (really only accessories) for my 42mm samurai collection. I mounted these pieces on 25mm x 75mm pill bases by Proxie Models. The long bases make it easier to use the pieces to form barricades.

The barrels and urns were easy, but the food stuffs took a little work (but add some decent color to the pieces.) I'd like to make another base or two of just foods. I'd also like to make some more rice bales, though those are also slightly more labor-intensive.

I'm trying to think of other accessories I could make to litter the battlefield; I can't think of much more. Maybe a stone lantern, a well, a stack of wood. I'd like to make another house or small temple, but I want to sell off some minis first to make room.

7 comments:

  1. Looking good.

    Suggestion; I am sure that I have seen square boxes - think dice with wooden sides in an old Dixon catalogue. Not sure what they were used for, but a suggestion for further items of clutter.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a rice cart?

    http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/130472081/retro-japanese-miniature-pose-doll?ref=shop_home_active

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - looks like I'm stalking you.....

    But have you seen this?

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/120465929/gdes3003-Green-Graphic-Design

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the link to traditional Japanese packaging- neat stuff.

      Delete
  4. Those look great especially the foodstuffs. Would there have been bales of hay or anything like that or perhaps log piles for firewood?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! A great work on the colors!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete