You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, September 17, 2012

Vincarlo Orisini: Duelist


This is Reaper (Pathfinder) figure No. 60121 Vincarlo Orisini. I had been looking for a good fighter to use as a D&D character; I wanted something simpe - no armor, no backpack or adventuring gear, no ribbons, no random skull buckles or details or hats with feathers - just a man and his sword.

I kept the paint scheme simple to match the figure, though I did go with the red shirt to brighten him up a little. The figure started off with a broader sword blade (scabbard?), but I went ahead and clipped it away and replaced it with a more finessed rapier blade in a scabbard (made with a piece of brass rod). I did this mostly for strength. A lot of my figures that get used on the D&D table go back to the shelf with bent staffs, swords and spikes. Though, this figure will stay with me (the others are Jeff's, who runs the D&D games), so I'm not too concerned with wear and tear. Still, I like to play it safe with something I put my time into.

For the base, I used green stuff to fill in a lipped display base. Then I sculpted out a few flagstones bordering a planked floor, and accented the whole thing with a few patches of grass.

Low Life: Just a reminder, there are only a few days left on Low Life miniature's Kick Starter program. These figures aren't for everyone, but if you're a painter like me, then I think it'd do you good to grab a few of these (if not all of them) to throw under the brush. You cannot resist. Give in. Give in!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks- it was nice to get back to painting something without any rust (I had been doing post-apoc stuff for a while.) I enjoyed painting this one a lot.

      Delete
  2. Nice figure and the paintjob is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red shirt???

    He's dead, Giacomo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Hey, there's a fun idea: Paint up a small fantasy party to "resemble" a Star Trek landing party (or "Away Team" in the new parlance.) So a couple red shirts, a puke yellow-shirted leader and his blue-shirted, pointy-eared elf adviser/second-in-command.

      Delete
    2. Cleric in blue as well.

      Delete