You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Street Corner: Spade


The last figures of the Sleuths pack are done -- Sam Spade and the dog, Milou. There was no conversion work for these two figures, nor was there much I could convert. I'm sure I'll think of something now that they're both painted.

That does it for the Sleuths pack. I actually enjoyed taking this long to paint one pack of figures. It's definitely a lot easier on the wallet. It's also nice to feel unhurried without a ton of packs sitting on the workbench looking at me, waiting for their turn.

I've been thinking of other things I could add to Street Corner -- Lovecraft, Weird Menace, 193X SciFi. I was even thinking to myself a couple nights ago, "What about Post-Apocalyptic, but if the apocalypse happened in 1929?"

These are all just brainstorms and whimsies; I'm sure I'll go back to add a couple small things to the tramp steamer, or maybe make another piece of scenery for the Street Corner itself, before I branch out too far.

Oh, and here's a quick comparison shot of my figures and the originals. When you shop for figures, don't just shop for what you see, shop for what could be possible.

4 comments:

  1. A couple of us were going to play All Things Zombie, in 1920's Arkham. The zombies were going to outbreak, and takeover, THEN stuff was going to get WEIRD. It's definitely a ton of fun planning out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking stuff! I love what you did with all those figs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GReat as always. Nice to see the conversions next to the originals. amazing what a little subtle converting can do to a set of figures. I think I would rather have your pack than the original.

    Too many guns in everybody's hands. I think the tuxedo guy is more manacing with his cane than a guy with his revolver. Either he has a lot of back up or just doesn't need a gun. Look out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going into these conversions, I was thinking the football player would be my favorite, but yes, I'm agreeing with a lot of people; the ritzy fellow just seems to have worked out perfectly. Plenty of personality with such a static pose.

    ReplyDelete