You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reaper Dwarf: Nord Kegbreaker

This figure is Reaper's Nord Kegbreaker available as either the pewter version No. 2371 or the P-65 heavy metal version No. 65021. I got this figure because I've been wanting a good ole classic dwarf standing around drinking a brew. I've also returned to playing in a D&D game, so this figure will be my character. Since I enjoy playing sword and board fighters, the first thing I did was to remove the hammer from the original sculpt and replace it with a sword. The scabbarded sword is actually an extra bit from my 54mm gladiators. The character also has a shield, but I didn't think this sculpt could take a shield and still look good, so I'll just say that he uses his mug as his shield.

The colors were easy to choose; the name of my character is Guinness the Stout, so I used a Guinness bottle as inspiration for the colors. Simple enough. I also rolled up the character as an old, experienced fighter, one who has more smarts than brawn, hence the white beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment