You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, February 28, 2011

Street Corner: Preparing new figures


Today was a good day for me to get mail; I received my refund check from the government, and I also received my order from Copplestone (just 5 days from U.K. to Iowa!) So I spent much of the evening prepping the figures. So far, I've cleaned the flash and mold lines, taken the slots off the bases of the gangster range figures, pinned the female civilians, and taken integral bases off the figures to be used for my tramp steamer crew. There is still drilling and pinning to do for the rest of these figures. I also need to make some more paved bases for my Street Corner civvies.

And THAT'S just the basing. THEN, I need to do some conversion work: The civilians will be painted as is. It's the tramp steamer crew that will be getting work done; one of the boxers from the Street Toughs pack will have an arm sawed off and repositioned to make it look like he's walking, while the other hand will be holding a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. I will add a knife and apron to another figure to be the ship's cook (since I did add a galley to my boat.) The easiest conversion will be a sailor (a figure from Copplestone's Russian Sailor Command pack) who was holding a rifle; he will now be holding a hooked pole. One figure from the said command pack I have yet to figure out what to do with- he had a pistol in hand that I've removed; I'm not sure yet what to replace it with yet.

The last conversion I think will be my favorite. I'm gonna let it be a surprise for you all. I'll give you a hint: The figure is the standard bearer from that Russian Sailor command pack. Take a look at it and see if you can think of what I'm going to do with it. You can see the pack here (scroll down to BC29 Russian Sailors Command (it's the figure furthest right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment