You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, July 22, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: Scoutess and Atlatl greens


Here are the last members of the Waiteri tribe for the time being (until I figure out if I want to go on to Conan.) The one to the left can either be a scout sneaking around nearby prey, or a hunter making her last few cunning steps before springing the attack. One leg is wrapped in twine, the other in that braided copper wire I mentioned earlier. This was the first figure I tried the copper on; it was difficult, that's why I switched to the twine on the other leg. After painting, I don't think you'll be able to see much of a difference.

The other figure is my favorite action pose of all the tribe, a huntress casting a dart from her atlatl (my favorite prehistoric weapon.) The only (minor) thing I don't like is that I wasn't able to get the atatl aimed in the same direction as her face is pointed. I'll simply paint her eyes looking more toward her target- no biggy.

Small Conan update: I almost primed Conan before I realized, if this is the Conan who is in the tower of the elephant, he needs a proper interior floor. Easy enough, dig out some greenstuff and engrave some flagstones! I've started priming Conan here. Here's a small tip: When I prime my figures, I first lay them down with their feet toward me, then I prime the undersides of the figures. Let the primer dry, turn the figures over and repeat. THEN I glue the figures to their bases and continue regular priming. (Of course, I wait a few hours between primer coats and gluing.) This allows me to get those hard-to-reach spots, and saves time after priming when I have to fill in those missed areas. Conan is the "underside" phase in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment