You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, March 29, 2010

A note on blogotics and my comments policy

I just read that Chgowiz shut down his Old Guy RPG blog, and I tried to put together and understand the story behind his leaving (which I haven't fully figured out with all the information spread out). And it's unfortunate that one of the side effects is the blog, "Rust Monster Ate My Sword," is on hiatus (a voluntary protest/cooling down/ or 'walkabout' as he called it) which is understandable. There are a lot of jerks surfing the Internet, and sometimes they find their way to your own little island in the Web, as they did with Rust and Old Guy.

I've been lucky enough to have a nice cadre of considerate followers. None of you has left a ever mean-spirited comment, and it's nice to know I have a friendly group who I can run up to like a little kid who just drew a picture of Mommy and Daddy and say, "Hey, look what I drew!" Sure, it's a bit of an ego trip, but it's nice to know some of you put my art on your metaphoric refrigerators. And, though I don't officially follow anyone on the blogosphere, I do surf around and look at your stuff and put it on my refrigerator, too.

Anyway, as a side note, I just wanted to let you all know that I DO moderate my comments, but my own little "posting comments policy" is very lax, and I've never had to invoke it. The only comments I have rejected are the spam, and that's only because I don't want any of my followers clicking on a link that might infect their own computer.

But I do have a small policy: Opinions and criticisms, however strong, are fine and dandy, just no personal attacks or offensive language directed at your fellow follower/commenter. (Not to say you can't cuss in your comments- I embarrass longshoremen with my real-life conversations sometimes:) You can say something is "fucking cool," just don't call anyone a "fucking ass munch." Debate is fine, name-calling is not.

But none of your comments have even come close to being considered for rejection. Carry on being awesome followers. And to Christopher and the Old Guy: Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment