You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, March 12, 2010

I never win anything (and other tiny news bits)

Until last week when I didn't win the Warstore's celebrity testimonial contest. No I was one of the runners-up! Woo-hoo! (Ok, I'm not trying to rub it in. I'm just happy I invoked Conan the Cimmerian, and my prize was victory, by Crom!)
So I picked up Command and Colors Ancients, as well as a selection of bases (some of which I need for those gladiators.)

Also, I completely missed a message with my last paypal invoice from Harold at Blackcat minis; he has sent me a couple figures from his brand new 54mm American Civil War line! This is actually big for me. I used to be a civil war reenactor back in my teenage years living in Virginia (I was a drummer boy.) I had such a keen interest in the Civil War, but, for some reason, it never translated over to miniature painting. I thought long and hard and now realize that I have NEVER painted an ACW figure! That's all gonna change now with Harold's little gift.

I don't know which figures he has sent, but I'm already formulating little vignettes in my head that I could throw together (Johnny Rebs behind a fence, or standing in the mud- firing or loading ((I have yet to see the poses.) It will be a fun small project, and I'll post it here when it's done.

I urge everybody who hasn't done so yet to take a look at Blackcat Miniatures, especially if you want to try some nice-quality large-scale figures that won't break the bank. I believe Blackcat's ACW figures are $8, with a discount for sets of figures. I've only seen some basic infantry for sale right now, but I'm sure Harold has some command and colors coming as well. Give it a try!

1 comment: