You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Repainted D&D Chain golem



And here's the other titan figure I finished today. Again, nothing special done here.
I tried to do the figure with some steel/silver colors, but it was looking like the original figure. So I added some rust effects, and this is how it turned out. Meh- not bad.
I think to do a proper rust effect, I'd have to go in close and stipple the rust colors on, but this is a LARGE figure, and I think the effect would be better than it is, but only marginally when viewing from a tabletop distance. So I kept it as is shown here.

I threw in a detail shot of the floor. This was painted directly on the original flat base. A few sketched-on highlights helps the illusion of three dimensions. I've also threw on a couple washes of ink to "stain" the floor. I've done this to a couple figures lately, and I like the weathering effect it creates. I don't know about other inks manufactures, but GW's inks are nice to work with and dry to a matte finish.

I also think the cracks in the floor are pretty sweet (in my best show-and-tell voice.)

1 comment: