You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Heresy Big Boris/Conan conversion

It's gonna be hard for me to top this conversion for a while (if I can pull this one off that is.) Again, I've gone with a Big Boris from Heresy It's just a great figure to convert since it has just enough options to give me what I need.



The first change I wanted to do was to take the sword off his shoulder and have him holding it point to the ground (I DO like the sword rested on the shoulder- it's a fantastic I'm-a-casual-barbarian-who's-gonna-varnish-the-floor-with-your-brains pose, but I wanted to do a nice cliche I'm-standing-here-looking-glorious-upon-a-rock-with-my-cape-flowing pose.) I also made this change because the sword would have gotten in my way when I came to sculpting the hair; I'm still a beginner and don't want to sculpt around other stuff just yet.
The first thing I had to do was switch out the hands; I can't rotate the whole sword hand to the position I want because that would leave the hand in the wrong orientation. Instead of swapping the hilt and blade of the sword, I simply used the hand on the axe (along with most of the axe handle). If you look at the picture below, the parts highlighted in green is what I will use. The stuff in red is what I'll cut away. The bottom of the current axe handle is where I will connect the top of the sword.



And below are all the parts I will be using (only the greenstuff long, Conan hair is not shown; I haven't made it yet.)



AND here is the figure, after some drilling and pinning, dry-fitted. It all fits! I think this is going to work. I can hardly wait! Yes, he'll get a head. He'll also be getting that long, flowing cape from my previous green stuff cape post. I will also give him a long loin cloth flowing in the wind- it won't be as wildly whipping as the cape, but it will help add to the illusion of wind.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I always considered all of those figurines stock. I never would have thought of dismantling them and starting over. (And Boris would be pissed if he saw what you were doing to him.)

    ReplyDelete