You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick update July 8

Currently working on Reaper 3205 travelling friar (to be a monk for D&D,) and Reaper 3204 Battleguard Golem, which will be a warforge. And no, I didn't realize until just now that the model Nos. are indeed consecutive; just coincidence.
The friar has been modified just a tad: I've taken away his studded club and replace it with a nice simple "walking stick." I haven't started painting just yet- not sure about what color to do the robe. I have a few ideas- "Shao Lin" orange, or natural worn browns, or all red (see this rogue), or all light blue (for whatever mythical monastary.) I'm leaning toward the orange (to almost a yellow) or the red.
The warforge has been modified with the addition of an arm crossbow on the forge's left hand.
I'll try to have photos this weekend. He will be silver with a simplified Deep 13 (from MST3K) logo on one of his forearms.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll go with a bright red (to almost orange). The orange was going to be too cliche/Buddha for me, and the red-orange will make a nice compromise.

    ReplyDelete