You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, June 27, 2009

I must be feeling better...

...because this has been a productive month for painting. I'm glad all of you were patient during my nasty flu weeks, and I hope this month's posts made up for the lack of May posts.
Lemme tell ya: That flu sucked. But as bad as it was, I'm pretty sure it wasn't swine.

Anyway, I'm taking a breather, surveying the lead mountain for a new vein to mine. Though, I may shirk the mountain for something brand new and try my hand at one or two Wyrd miniatures, perhaps this sorcerer and/or this Death Martial.
In the mean time, I think I'll engage in my monthly routine of clearing everything off my work table; clean and replace. Nothing like a newly-cleaned painting table to inspire some more painting time. After a while, the little dried-out paint flakes start getting in everything; the greenstuff bag gets in the way; I've got metal filings all over (DON'T clean/file your figures over your painting surface like I do- It's a very bad habit, and the metal dust will get into your paint and brushes); I've got unfinished (at least primed) minis starting to congregate on the table; and the water jar already needs another cleaning. I may even go through all my paint jars and clean the dried paint out of the lids... ugh. I better stop before I talk myself out of the cleaning.

P.S. Jeff, I started on your two snake dudes. They're looking good. I also have a few extras from the old-figure shelf for your stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment