You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, March 16, 2009

Between-projects update/ Book on polymer clay techniques

Howdy all! Sorry there's nothing new to post right now. I do have some random miniatures I'll be painting over the next couple weeks, so there may be a few pics now and again. I also have some Copplestone Castings street toughs (No. GN13 found here) on the way. I'll be painting those up for use in the game, Friday Night Fights by Two Hour Wargames.

Also- one of my aunts (Aunt Sandy) sent me a book on sculpting with polymer clay (Encyclopedia of Polymer Clay Techniques). This book is great! It illustrates a lot of fundamental techniques using polymer clay (Sculpey, Fimo etc), as well as offers tips on baking, conditioning and care for the clay. I haven't had a chance to look through the whole thing, yet (I just got the book 1/2 hour ago,) but it's going into the little library next to my workbench. I'll try to get some more Sculpey projects posted to the blog. One thing I want to try is a mosaic of gladiators such as these. Sculpey can be flattened, scored, baked and broken into your mosaic "stones" fairly easily; it's one of the techniques covered in the book. When I do the mosaic project, I will use pre-colored blocks of clay. I could paint the colorless sculpey, but I think the precolored stuff will look more authentic for this project.
And everyone thank my Aunt Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment